[During this Season of giving and sharing, The Divining Wand’s readers would like to thank their authors/friends for this past year and wish them Holiday Greetings. The next few weeks will feature universal as well as personal nods to writers who share with us throughout the year. Happy Holidays!]
“We read to know that we are not alone.”
— C.S. Lewis
Here is my holiday wish for you, Pamela, as you have given so much to me in your book Three Wishes. Your wonderful story closely matches my own. However, I don’t know anyone in my life that had given up on love but then found a wonderful man at 39 and had a first baby at 41 – until I read your book. How lucky you are to have your friends! And how lucky I am to have your book.
So here’s five holiday wishes for you…
• To find simple, loving, quiet time with your family this holiday season.
• To find the patience you might have forgotten you had — because let’s face it, no matter how much we wanted these beautiful late-life children, we could use the extra patience on some days and especially around the holidays.
• To remember that life is often an interplay of those things we can control and those we can’t – and the outcome can be better than we had imagined.
• To find more opportunities to grant wishes for your wonderful friends, in all sorts of ways.
• To have one grand adventure in the New Year, say, eating coffee ice cream in New Zealand while taking a break from a pottery class!